Fractal is a physical product development firm looking to expand our team in Nashville Tennessee working on an exciting range of consumer electronics, lifestyle products, and medical devices.
You are compulsive about learning new things, even if you’re not sure when you can use the knowledge. You pride yourself on being a good question-asker which helps you to refine vague instructions until you have a clear direction. To you, making things and solving problems is the most fun you could have at work, and that’s why you are reading this now.
Must live in Nashville, TN or be willing to relocate.
All full time employees at Fractal get the following benefits:
- Health Insurance: We cover 100% of your health insurance premium. You pay the difference for a spouse and/or dependents.
- Dental, Vision, HSA: We don't cover these but you can opt into them through the company.
- 401k + matching: Invest up to $19,000 tax-free every year toward your retirement. Company matches up to 1.5%.
- Flexible work hours and options to work from home: We’ll supply a MacBook Pro or Microsoft Surface to use for your work and you’ll get to enjoy the flexibility that we love so much about being self-employed. Want to work from home 2 days a week? Do it. Is it too perfect to be inside on a Tuesday? Work Saturday instead. Want to work a week from an Airbnb in the Canadian Rockies for a while? Have at it. As long as you meet your work commitments, the rest is up to you.
- Unlimited paid time off: We’re not counting vacation days and sick days, we’re just looking at your work. We strongly encourage a minimum of two weeks vacation plus sick and personal days but if you’re meeting deadlines, keeping projects on track, and making clients happy, we’re flexible on everything else.
- Company events: We take a day off work a few times a year to have fun, hang out, and get to know each other. You're part of the Fractal Fam.
- Maker Reimbursement: We want to employ people that freaking love to make stuff, so we’ll reimburse up to $50/month of any personal project spending. Put it toward building a new headboard for your bed, or buying a really nice hot-glue gun, or getting an Arduino kit and figuring out how to automate your herb garden. Whatever.
- Access to 3D printers for personal use: If the printers aren’t needed for a project, have at ‘em. If it’s something small, it probably ok to just print it. If it’s something big or a mini production run, we may ask that you bring your own material.
- Stocked fridge and snacks: We’ll stay stocked up on healthy snacks, carbonated water, coffee, tea, and beer.
- Join Nashville’s best product dev consultancy: You’ll get to learn new skills working alongside a great team on a wide variety of products, from medical devices that save lives to consumer products that light up a Kickstarter campaign.